8th March return
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are happy to inform you that BRAC will be resuming normal service in line with the government’s plan to have schools back from the 8th March. We will open up in line with Bishop Road Primary’s schedule, which currently is that all children will return on the 8th March.
Please be aware that for the rest of this term and the easter holidays the government has placed some restrictions on who can attend wrap-around settings, so please read the information below from the government website to check that the criteria applies to you.
“from 8 March, providers should only offer indoor and outdoor face-to-face provision to:
· vulnerable children and young people
· other children, where the provision is:
· reasonably necessary to enable their parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need, or attend a support group
· being used by electively home educating parents as part of their existing arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education
· being used as part of their efforts to obtain a regulated qualification, meet the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments”
As well as the above please ensure that you are minimising the number of settings your children are attending.
If you have any concerns about your child returning or feel they might need some additional support or extra attention to cope with the changes, please get in touch with Maureen (email@example.com) to make us aware.
I am pleased to confirm that we will be running playscheme over the Easter holidays. We will continue to stick to having year group bubbles, and in order to meet government guidance on consistent groups we will only be offering bookings for a week at a time and to Bishop Road children only. More details will be available on the website soon.
Please continue to follow the ‘stay at home’ guidance if you or any members of your household or support bubble are showing symptoms of Coronavirus. Find attached the ‘stay safe at BRAC parent guide’ that was sent out last year if you are unsure about what to do.
In other news, over lockdown BRAC has set up a blog page on our website, at the moment we are running a competition for the children to participate in. Please take a look here for the details.
We can’t wait to see the children again and look forward to welcoming you back! Please get in touch if you have any questions.
The BRAC management team