Dear parents and carers,
Unfortunately, we have had to take the difficult decision not to open BRAC at this time. We have looked into all the options available to us and the only way that BRAC would feasibly be able to operate during this lockdown period would be to mix year groups. We have taken advice from school who have given us a strong directive that mixing year groups at this time would adversely affect their ability to operate due to the high risk of infection that we are all currently dealing with.
During this pandemic BRAC has put a lot in place in order to keep within government guidance and prioritise the safety of your children and the staff team. BRAC caters only for Bishop Road children and we are much more closely linked and guided by how school operates, unlike other clubs.
We strongly agree with school that the risk is very high and we do not want to affect schools ability to provide for those children of essential workers and vulnerable children. School has informed us that they will be reviewing this risk at the end of January and will let us know if there are any changes. Any decision BRAC makes to return will also depend on our own ability to staff the setting safely.
We realise that this decision will have an impact on many of you needing wrap-around childcare, and we sincerely apologise for the impact this will have. We have not taken this decision lightly and we will keep reviewing the situation and keep you all informed of any changes.
Due to the complexities of refunding childcare vouchers, and fees paid through the government tax-free childcare scheme, we will hold any fees you have paid for this term as credit for the next term we can open. If you need a refund (rather than credit) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a refund can be issued to you. If you paid with childcare vouchers and require a refund to pay for alternative childcare please get in contact with the administrator and we will see what we can do.